2/16/2014

Frozen Inspired Elsa and Anna Nail Art

For the first time in forever, I've had time to do my nails! And my roommate's nails! (Inspired by Disney's Frozen)
Frozen-inspired nail art! 

I was actually planning on putting snowflakes on my nails, but when it came down to it (I made some decals using the plastic bag/decal method but wasn't completely satisfied) I decided to go with a more whimsical approach. All in all, I think it came out great (so sparkly!) and then of course, proceeded to do something similar for my roommate.



The left hand!
(My roommates are so much fun, they let me experiment nail art on them!)

A little blurry, but the right hand!
To make this manicure, I started with a base of Sinful Colors Love Nails, and used a small water color brush to brush on NYC Cashmere Creme, Zoya Dream, and Sinful Colors Purple Diamond. I used a makeup sponge to dab on some Seraphina by Zoya (shimmery silver) to the tips of my nails, and topped off the whole look with Zoya Mosheen (so many sparkly bar glitters, they look like the torso portion of Elsa's dress). I also added a little heart on my left ring finger because I realized I'd be wearing these during Valentine's Day...haha! I chose all these colors to match Elsa's "Let it Go" and her beautifully icy dress.

And here's a picture of my new gorgeous Zoya polishes. :)
So sparkly!


The roomie's hand! Oops, I think I cleaned up after I took this picture...
For the Anna-inspired counterpart, I mostly used colors that were similar to the first dress she wears for Elsa's coronation. I started with a two coat base of NYC Big Money Frost (a very sheer green), using a brush again, I added swirls in Zoya Holly, Sally Hansen Extreme Wear Ivy League, and a mix of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Golden-I and Ivy League. Using a makeup sponge, I dabbed on a bit of Sinful Colors Gorgeous, which matches the sleeves of Anna's dress. I covered all the nails with a generous helping of Pretty and Polished Crazy on the Dance Floor, a glitter topper that had various shapes and - bonus! - glitters in the colors of the winter wear Anna wears after she gets her first dress completely frozen over wet. I ended with another polish mix (I don't have a proper pastel pink, so this took several different dark pinks and a bunch of white) to make hearts and flowers on the thumbs and ring fingers.

So glad I have time to do nails this semester! I'll try to update once a week, if possible.

I had so much fun with these two manicures. Can you think of any other possible Disney manicures? I've always wanted to try a Mickey/Minnie Mouse style, but never got around to it.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment