5/18/2013

Hunger Games Inspired Water Marble

Hey, it's my first *real* post!

I did this water marbling technique for the premier of the Hunger Games movie in March, 2012. If you want to know more about marbling, try searching "water marble nail art" on youtube for ideas and tutorials (my favorites are by simplelittlepleasues). 

For this manicure, I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear: Celeb City (silver) as a base and both Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear: Red Carpet (an opaque, marbled red) with Sinful Colors: Cloud 9 (a sheer, shimmery orange) for the marbling. This is one of my favorites, because the polishes I used for this were so reliable, I've done this water marble several times since! I've also used gold polish as a base (also Sally Hansen) and found it works just as well as the silver. 


Here's just a single nail from a later manicure (not painted at the same time as the first picture). I really loved how I got more of the flower pattern on this one. Trial and error! 

I'll probably be going through the pictures I have from last year in chronological order, so stay tuned for more! In the mean time, feel free to comment below with anything you'd like to see! Next time: floral. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment