5/27/2013

School Pride

I've got two manicures to show you today!

So my school's mascot is the tiger (which means I have an extremely bright set of orange clothes now). What better way to show off some school spirit than with nail art?


This manicure was my first attempt at a french manicure. I have to admit, french manicures had never really interested me, but I decided to give it a try. I freehanded the orange using Sinful Colors: Cloud 9 and used a paint brush to freehand the wave designs with black acrylic paint. Pretty nice, for a first attempt!


I used Cloud 9 again as a base color for this manicure. Again with black acrylic, I freehanded the tiger stripes and Chinese character on my thumb. I used a bobby pin to do the paw prints. And if I remember correctly, the character is for harmony (someone correct me if I'm wrong!). I'm not really sure since I was just looking for something to fill up my thumbnail. ;)

Tiger stripes are kind of a staple for me. After a year of experimenting, I have four or five different ways to do them now...let me know if you have any ideas for tiger-related manicures! 

Thanks for reading! Next time, glitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment