7/02/2013

Hearts...and Dots

 Happy Valentine's Day! (Don't forget to hit the read more button!)


Just kidding. In case you needed ideas for a holiday half a year from now, here's some <3 inspired nail art. (Or if you have a time machine, 'cuz that'd be really cool.)


Both of these manicures were made mostly using a bobby pin as a dotting tool. The first manicure (not my hand, but still my work) also uses a technique called water marbling. See one of my favorite water marbles here.

The accent nail on the ring finger was made using the water marbling technique with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear: Red Carpet and White On. The base for the other nails is also White On.  I used a bobby pin to add dots to the sides of the other nails.


For this second manicure, a base of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear: Celeb City was used. I then applied dots of varying sizes using a bobby pin. My accent nail here is a dotted heart.

Okay here goes...I can never remember which polishes I used for dotting because I use so many, but I'll try to list them here:
Sally Hansen: Celeb City
                     Posh Plum
                     Red Carpet
Sinful Colors: Frenzy
                     Purple Diamond
NYC: Purple Pizzazz Frost

I love heart and star shapes, so even when it's not V-day, I would totally go for a heart-themed manicure. That's all for today. Next time, some unprofessional photography and bzzzzzzz...stay tuned! Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment